1. Obtain an ancient document (preferably one that people are familiar with and have some connection to)
2. Find an obscure passage in above document
3. Find a ridiculous and previously disproven interpretation of above passage
- If you don’t have time to do this, don’t worry. Most just invent the interpretation and claim that the original documentation was burned, lost, covered up, or hidden under some highly guarded monument. That is acceptable.)
4. Explain how everyone prior to you has been too ignorant/ racist/ chauvinistic/ embarrassed/ prejudice/ power-hungry to embrace and propagate your interpretation
5. Repeat this process quickly enough that by the time your heresy has been sufficiently refuted, you are selling books on another one.
Note: Check out “5 Things You Need to Know About Camels and Biblical Accuracy” by Jan Verbruggen to see how one ought to go about dealing with all the “Breaking News” that is regularly published.